EM 말씀

Matthew 16:13-19 The church on the rock

관리자 0 3,083 2018.05.21 19:42
Matthew 16:13-19, The church on the rock.

6:13-19
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Jesus trained his disciples for three years. Now it is time for the Lord to leave the disciples with the cross. Then the Lord asks the disciples.

1. Who do you say I am? (15)

1) You are the Messiah (Christ, 16).

The Lord is the Savior who waits for the world, King of kings, High Priest, the perfection of the Word.

2) The Lord is the Son of the living God (16).
 The Lord is like the Son of God. You are not only holy one, gentleman, but God.
 You are th Way, the Truth, the Life, the Resurrection, the Light.
 Acts 4:!2, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

2. You are blessed (v.17).

'Blessed are you. Simon, son of Jonah. For it is not your blood, but my Father who is in heaven, who has made it known to you.' We learned not from books or anyone, but by the Holy Spirit. Believing in Jesus is a blessing.

3. I will build my church on this rock (confession, Jesus), and the power of the Hades (death) will not prevail (v. 18).

"You are Peter, and I will build my church on this rock, and the power of the death shall not prevail"

The owner of the church is Jesus who built the church. The ownership of the church belongs to Jesus, and neither the grave (death) nor the devil or the power of sin can harm the church in the hands of the Lord. The Church wins death by life of Jesus. 1 Corinthians 15:55-57, 55."Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56.The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
57.But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

4. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven (v. 19).

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be in heaven everyday. If you loose anything on earth, it will be loosed in heaven."
 Mt.18:19-20, 19."Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
    20.For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

The keys to heaven is the key to leading unbelievers to heaven. In Acts 2, 8, and 10, Peter used this heavenly key to save the souls.
 Mt. 28:19."Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Saints, today we have a church anniversary. The true church, the church on the rock, has the life to acknowledge that the Lord is the master and overcome death. I wish you all the best in fulfilling the mission of the blessed church to save the soul in the name of the Lord. Amen.

Comments