EM 말씀

Acts 9:1-22, Paul’s repentance (Jesus’ calling)

관리자 0 65 03.17 11:56
Acts 9:1-22, Paul’s repentance (Jesus’ calling)

How did you receive the call of Jesus and come to believe in Him? What is the mission that the Lord has entrusted to you? How do you live?

1. Saul, Saul (Jesus’ calling) (1-9)
  As Saul goes from Jerusalem to Damascus to capture the saints, he hears the voice of Jesus Christ, the light of heaven. “Saul, Saul!” “Lord, who are you?” “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.” Saul, who fell because of the light, is shocked to hear the voice of the resurrected Jesus. What he did for the Lord was to persecute the church, that is, Jesus. Because the church is the body of Jesus (1 Cor.8:12, Col.1:18), Jesus identifies himself with the church (4-5, Ephe.2:5-6, Mt.25:40). When Paul realizes this, he is blinded and led by men into Damascus. He cannot see or eat for three days. Do you acknowledge that the church is the body of Jesus and live by His power?

2. You are my vessel for the Gentiles (8-18) (eye restoration and baptism)
  Through Ananias, Paul receives the call of Jesus to be “a chosen vessel to spread the name of the Lord to the Gentiles.” Saul, who had been blinded, regains his sight through the laying on of hands by Ananias and is filled with the Holy Spirit and is baptized. The Lord made Paul  blinded and then opened his eyes again (8). He is converted, baptized, and gives confession and testimony. He “became able to see clearly again in his dark eyes and became a preacher of the gospel.” Acts 26:17,18 testifies of his own mission. Do you know and practice this mission?

3. Saul preaches Jesus in Damascus (19-22) (People who are surprised)
  Saul becomes strong after eating the food, and immediately preaches in the synagogue that Jesus is the Son of God(person) and the Christ(work). The worst persecutor became the best evangelist. This is what Jesus did. Are you caught by Jesus and living by preaching Jesus Christ?

Dear believers, Jesus who called Saul is our Lord today. You are the Lord’s people prepared like Saul. I bless you to be caught by the Lord, to carry out your precious ministry well for the Lord and His body, the church, and to live a blessed life that saves souls. Amen.

Comments