EM 말씀

​Acts 5:17-42, A living church 3

관리자 0 114 01.14 04:29
​Acts 5:17-42, A living church 3

The living church is envied by people and suffers hardships, and is imprisoned, but is released by a miracle (17-19). Thus, the council (religious leaders) is embarrassed (21-28), but the apostles boldly serve as witnesses of Jesus' death and resurrection (29-32). In response to this, Gamariel, a Pharisee, opposes persecution, saying that we should leave it to God's providence (33-39). In the end, the apostles are released after being beaten. They rejoice even when they are persecuted and insulted for the name of Jesus. A living church overcomes and is released by the Holy Spirit, and believes in the gospel and boldly preaches and teaches it (40-42).

*Question 1) What is the way to overcome envy? If you give thanks to God who uses you and bless your neighbors, jealousy will disappear. If you are jealous, you will be abandoned, but if you bless, you will become a blessed being. Luke 6:28, “Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” 

2) Do I live as a witness (martyr) of Jesus’ suffering and resurrection? (1:8, 2:32, 5:32) I believe and speak as I see (4:20) and boldly preach the gospel as a witness with a love for Jesus.

3) Am I living a life of faith and working while rejoicing in the face of insults and persecution? Col. 1:24, Mt. 5:10-12. Rev.19:7. Think of the joy and excitement of becoming the bride of the Lamb(Jesus). 1 Cor. 15:57,58.

Dear saints, I pray that we all believe in the gospel even when we are tribulated by jealousy, live as witnesses of Jesus' suffering and resurrection, and live as the bride of the blessed Lamb who rejoices in humiliation and persecution and ministers. Amen.

Comments