EM 말씀

Acts 3:1-10, In the name of Jesus Christ, get up & walk

관리자 0 141 2023.12.03 22:27
Acts 3:1-10, In the name of Jesus Christ, get up & walk

1-10, 1. One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer -- at three in the afternoon.
2. Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts.
3. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money.
4. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!"
5. So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
6. Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."
7. Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong.
8. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.
9. When all the people saw him walking and praising God,
10. they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

<Sermon Summary>
  The name shows his identity and abilities. The name of Jesus Christ shows  Who is Jesus. It says what abilities He has. The text shows the miracle of speaking in the name of Jesus Christ and rising and walking with that power.

1. The two disciples went up to the temple during prayer time (1).
  The habit of regular prayer is the way to have the power of Jesus. If you pray regularly, God will work through you. God had an amazing plan for Peter as he prayed. It was a historic plan that would fundamentally change their lives and lead many people to the kingdom of God.

2. God allows those who pray to encounter people and spiritual events(2-3).
  Two disciples meet someone who was born unable to walk. He was at the temple gate every day to beg. He cannot be healed on his own. Only Jesus Christ can do it. Who is this man who cannot walk? 1) He is a hopeless person. 2) He had no salvation. He desperately begs for a little money from Jesus’ two disciples.

3. Peter pays attention to him (4).
  He watches him ‘with deep love and concern.’ He view him with deep interest and love, not as a simple object of relief, but as a soul in need of the love and compassion of Jesus. How do we view our neighbors? Do you see your soul as something that needs to be saved through the love of Jesus? But the one who cannot walk looks at the two apostles to see what he will get.

4. Peter cries out to him. ‘Rise and walk in the name (power of salvation) of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.’ (5-6)
 The name of ‘Jesus Christ of Nazareth’ revealed that the name ‘Nazareth’, which was looked down upon at the time, has now become the name of power. The kingdom of God came among this man who had been unable to walk since birth. The name of Jesus has amazing power. Jesus is the Messiah who brings the kingdom of God. Peter relies on the name of Jesus and performs Jesus’ healings and miracles. “I do not have silver and gold, but I give you what I have in the name of Jesus Christ. Rise and walk.” He ordered firmly. The name with Jesus is a noble name. The name ‘Christian’ is truly a glorious name.

5. Peter took the man who could not walk by his right hand and lifted him up. His feet and ankles gained strength and he walked and jumped, praising God (7-8).   
  At the time, disability was thought to be a punishment for serious sins. But Peter solves his fundamental problem. He bestows permanent blessings in the name of Jesus Christ. Saints must spread the name of Jesus Christ to those who have no hope in the world and guide them to become truly blessed people.

6. People were very surprised when they saw this (9-10)
 People were very surprised to see a man who could not walk walking, running, and praising God. Before then, that person was ‘a person who was born unable to walk.’ But now he has become a ‘healed person’ (11) and a ‘person who praises God.’ People are casting negative views on believers and churches. All believers must restore their Christian identity and change their negative views.
 Jn 16:23,24, 23.In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24.Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Dear believers, We can't do anything on our own. But we can stand up and walk in the name of Jesus Christ. After meeting Jesus, what changes occurred in us who were sinners? God became our Father, and we became his children. It is a surprising change in status. We can approach God based on this changed identity. In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus had us call, “Our Father in heaven!” The relationship between parents and children must develop with deep intimacy. As fallen sinners, being saved means believing in Christ and being in Him. There can be no salvation outside or apart from Jesus. The privilege of being a child is the privilege of being able to approach God through the power of Jesus and pray in the name of Jesus. We must come to God the Father in intimate fellowship in the name of Jesus.

Even if you spend hundreds of billions of dollars to build a factory, it is useless if it is not connected to a power source, and a machine without power is nothing more than a lump of scrap metal. The name of Jesus is the source of power. By that name we call the Father. The name of Jesus is the key.

Through their prayer life and through the Holy Spirit, the spirit of fellowship, Peter and John are now using the name of Jesus. Experiencing the unity of Christ in the body. Now I no longer live by myself, but I begin to live Christ within me. Instead of living for my name, my honor, and my glory, I live for His name, Jesus Christ, and His kingdom. The name of Jesus is the key. The name of Jesus is the goal of our lives. We go out into the world in his image, as agents of Jesus Christ.

We cannot do anything on our own. But we can stand up and walk in the name of Jesus Christ. Peter did amazing things in the name of Jesus Christ (the power of salvation), not with gold and silver, which were considered the most valuable things at the time. A man who had been unable to walk his whole life got up, started walking, ran, and praised God. Let us stand up, walk, run, and praise in Jesus’ name. And I pray that you live as blessed saints who pass on His name to your neighbors. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 13 명
  • 오늘 방문자 1,220 명
  • 어제 방문자 1,339 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,190,379 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,817 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand