EM 말씀

Ruth 4:9-12, The sharer of God’s grace

관리자 0 369 2023.08.20 20:25
Ruth 4:9-12, The sharer of God’s grace

9-12,

9.Then Boaz announced to the elders and all the people, “Today you are witnesses that I have bought from Naomi all the property of Elimelek, Kilion and Mahlon.
10.I have also acquired Ruth the Moabite, Mahlon’s widow, as my wife, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property, so that his name will not disappear from among his family or from his hometown. Today you are witnesses!”
11.Then the elders and all the people at the gate said, “We are witnesses. May the Lord make the woman who is coming into your home like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the family of Israel. May you have standing in Ephrathah and be famous in Bethlehem.
12.Through the offspring the Lord gives you by this young woman, may your family be like that of Perez, whom Tamar bore to Judah.”

<Sermon Summary>
 The book of Ruth shows a life of receiving, enjoying, and sharing abundant grace. In particular, Boaz saves empty lives, two helpless widows, Naomi and Ruth, with God's abundant grace.
 He swore two things in front of the witnesses (9-10). 1) “I will buy Naomi’s land and return the inheritance.” 2) “I will buy Ruth the Moabite, the wife of Mahlon, to be my wife, and I will establish the inheritance of the deceased in his name, so that his name will not be cut off from his brothers and from his hometown.”
  Boaz was gladly dedicated to this work and willingly sacrificed. How could this have been possible?

1. Because Boaz is the one who received abundant grace (2:1, 11, John 1:16)

Boaz is the one who received abundant grace. He is the son of Rahab, a prostitute from Jericho, and Salmon, a Jewish spy.
 Mt. 1:5, Salmon gave birth to Boaz from Rahab, and Boaz gave birth to Obed from Ruth... He must have experienced the word and grace of God through his mother Rahab (Refer to Joshua 2:9-13). He enjoys grace in the field of life, becomes a powerful person in Bethlehem (2:1), and a person who redeems, a model of Jesus. He marries Ruth to save Naomi's family and becomes David's great-grandfather. His mother and wife are both foreign women, but it is a truly blessed life.
  He is the one who received grace upon grace (John 1:16, we all receive from his fullness; grace upon grace).
  When Boaz marries Ruth, the people of Bethlehem bless Ruth (11). “The Lord has made the woman (Ruth) who enters your house like the two men who built the house of Israel, Rachel and Leah.” God remembers those who give grace, and the grace increases. May we all be those who receive grace upon grace like Boaz.

2. Boaz is a sharer of abundant grace (11,12, Acts 20:35, Lk. 6:38)

Boaz shared many favors with Ruth. When Ruth gleaned, when he threshed, he gave a lot of barley. The reason was to share grace with the poor Gentile widow.
 (Application) Let us also cover and forgive our neighbors and share the grace of the Lord.
 He accepts Ruth as his wife at his own expense. The people of Bethlehem are amazed and bless Boaz.
 Verse 11, “The Lord...will make you mighty in Ephrath and famous in Bethlehem”.    God exalts those who give grace. Acts 20:35, The Lord Jesus said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
 Luke 6:38, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.”
  Let's live by applying the law of abundance. “I will give you an heir through this young woman” (12). It is a blessing to pass on a family through an heir. God takes care of the family of those who show grace, blesses them, and restores the inheritance of the kingdom of God.

3. Restore God's lost inheritance (Acts 26:16-18)
  Let's restore the lost inheritance of God's kingdom.
 Acts 26:16-18, 16...to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of how you (Paul) saw me (Jesus) and about what I will appear to you in the future. 18. I will open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, from the dominion of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by believing in me.”

Jesus tells Paul the way. He makes Paul an obedient servant and a witness to the gospel. He continued to deliver and sent as an apostle to the Gentiles. He led them to believe in Jesus and turn from darkness to light and from the domain of Satan to God. Through this, they believed in Jesus and received the forgiveness of their sins, and received eternal life and the inheritance of the kingdom of heaven as God's people among the sanctified crowd. We also gain and recover this precious inheritance that we have lost.

Dear fellow believers, we too have received God's limitless mercy and tremendous mercy in our ordinary lives. How should you live? I bless you to be a blessed saint who pours that mercy and compassion to your neighbors with a heart that repays grace. Like the Gentile Ruth, ‘I am a person who has received abundant grace.’ Like Boaz, let’s live by sharing abundant grace. I bless you to restore the lost inheritance of the kingdom of God and enjoy eternal heaven, eternal life and glory. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 30 명
  • 오늘 방문자 1,588 명
  • 어제 방문자 2,301 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,200,080 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,818 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand