EM 말씀

Ex. 3:7-9, Knowing Exodus, you can see your life

Message / Ex. 3:7-9. Knowing Exodus, you can see your life!

3:7-9, 7The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.
8So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land (bring) into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey -- the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.
9And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

If you know Exodus, you can see life (ministry)! Exodus story is our story.
   The Exodus is a record in which the slave Israelites were saved by God's grace. The three tenses of salvation are beginning (justification) - the process (sanctification, holiness, resemblance to Jesus) - perfection (glorification, heaven). Justification is emphasized in Exodus 1-12, and sanctification is emphasized in Exodus 13-40.

There are seven verbs in the key verses 3:7-8. God says that he "sees" the suffering of the people, "hears" their cries, "knows", "comes down", "delivers", "brings out" and "brings them to" the land of Canaan. I want to be gracious through these seven verbs.

1. Seeing / hearing / knowing, chs. 1-2: "Pray" in the arrangement of God's suffering.

2. The chapters 3-11, 'Come down,' prepare the 'person' for the people with 'grace'.

3. The theme of 'Delivering' in chapter 12 is 'Salvation', and the people were saved by the blood of the Passover Lamb. Jesus' crucifixion saves us.

4. Chapters 13-24, God leads them to the Red Sea, the 5 wildernesses, and Mt. Sinai.

The subject of chapters 13-14, 'Red Sea', refers to 'baptism' (1 Corinthians 10:2), 'self-denial' and 'determination.

The subject of chapters 15-18, 'The wilderness' is a training that focuses on God as 'training' and recognizes sovereignty.

Chapters 19-24: The theme of 'Mount Sinai' is 'Word, the self-revelation of God.' Through the Word, we learn about God's ideas, values, standards, principles, and philosophy.

5. The theme of chapters 25-40 'I am going to take you' is 'Tabernacle.' Daily communication, daily life of worship. We must help neighbors as a royal priest who daily communicates with God and worships.

Overall, chapters 1-12 (justification, 30% of the whole) are centered on 'God of grace, love, one-sided, omnipotent'. Conversely, chapters 13-40 (sanctification, 70%) are central to 'God of truth, justice, and personal God'.

Let us strive to achieve the kingdom of God by living the life of 'royal priest' after salvation. We are blessed to see our salvation (life) through Exodus and to live blessed. Amen.

Comments