EM 말씀

Ruth3:1-8, Blessed place to rest (Dress Up as the Bride of Jesus)

관리자 0 573 2023.07.25 07:14
Ruth3:1-8, Blessed place to rest (Dress Up as the Bride of Jesus)

1-8, 1 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home for you, where you will be well provided for.
2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he will be winnowing barley on the threshing floor.
3 Wash, put on perfume, and get dressed in your best clothes. Then go down to the threshing floor, but don’t let him know you are there until he has finished eating and drinking.
4 When he lies down, note the place where he is lying. Then go and uncover his feet and lie down. He will tell you what to do.”
5 “I will do whatever you say,” Ruth answered.
6 So she went down to the threshing floor and did everything her mother-in-law told her to do.
7 When Boaz had finished eating and drinking and was in good spirits, he went over to lie down at the far end of the grain pile. Ruth approached quietly, uncovered his feet and lay down.
8 In the middle of the night something startled the man; he turned—and there was a woman lying at his feet!

<Sermon Summary>

The book of Ruth is a story of salvation in which God, the hidden protagonist who works in a dark age, takes care of poor widows with covenantal love. They experience life reversals at the hands of God. Let's look at it from Ruth's point of view. In chapter 1, when Ruth the Gentile first returned to Bethlehem, she did not know Boaz. In Chapter 2, Ruth meets Boaz as a grateful benefactor who protects her and allows her to glean with his favor. Now, in Chapter 3, through Naomi, he learns that Boaz is 'Go'el' (the guardian-redeemer) who restores the family of Ruth and her dead husband, and moves toward him. In this text, Naomi tries to find a blessed place for Ruth to rest. Let us listen to the word of the Lord.

1. Find a blessed place to rest (1) - Find Jesus, the Blessed Place of Rest

V.1, One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home for you, where you will be well provided for. Ruth seeks a home to rest.
 Jesus invites us to the true resting place. Mt.11:28-29, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Let us all enjoy true rest in Jesus of life, a truly blessed and eternal resting place.

2. Go to Boaz tonight and lie at his feet (2,4-6): Abide now in the bosom of Jesus

Vs.2,4-6, 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he will be winnowing barley on the threshing floor. 4 When he lies down, note the place where he is lying. Then go and uncover his feet and lie down. He will tell you what to do.” 5 “I will do whatever you say,” Ruth answered. 6 So she went down to the threshing floor and did everything her mother-in-law told her to do.

′Tonight’ when Boaz is harvesting at the threshing floor, she urges her to uncover his feet. “Why night?” Because Bethlehem is a high place, a cool wind blows at night to winnow the grain. This exhortation is now to prepare to become his wife (9, I am your servant, wifey Ruth).

Dear saints, jump into the arms of the Lord. Become one body with the Lord. 'Let me be in him and he be in me.' John 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing). Let's live a life of intimate fellowship eating with Him. Rev. 3:20, Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me). The Lord wants a deep and intimate life relationship with us.
  "today." Now is the hour. 2 Cor.6:2, For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation).
  Let's obey even if it looks dangerous (Lk.1:38, “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled”).
  Naomi and Ruth firmly believed in the word of promise to redeem her inheritance (Lev.25:25, “ ‘If one of your fellow Israelites becomes poor and sells some of their property, their nearest relative is to come and redeem what they have sold). In the arms of Jesus, who has come as Goel (the Redeemer), let us hold on to His words and live.

♪Still♪, 1. Hold me in your arms, cover me with your mighty arms 2. I will abide in you, Lord, I quietly believe in your power. (Chorus) Even if rough waves come towards me, I will fly with you. Amen.

3. Adorn yourself as a bride: Live as a pure bride of Jesus(3).

V.3, Wash, put on perfume, and get dressed in your best clothes. Then go down to the threshing floor, but don’t let him know you are there until he has finished eating and drinking. Naomi encourages Ruth to dress up beautifully as a bride. To lie at Boaz's feet, she must look beautiful in his eyes (3). “...Wash, put on perfume, and get dressed.“ Ruth obeys.

As Christ’s bride (2 Cor.11:2, I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him), we too must dress up to enjoy the rest. Wash in the blood of Jesus (wash away our sins), anoint with the oil of the Holy Spirit, and put on the righteousness of Christ (Ephe.5:26, to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word; Rev.19:8, Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people).

The Lord invites us as His bride (Song 2:10,14, 10 My beloved spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. 14 My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely). Let's live together for the kingdom of the Lord. Only Jesus Christ, our redeemer and groom, is our true resting place.

Let us wash away all our sins with the blood of Jesus, anoint ourselves with the oil of the Holy Spirit, put on the garments of righteousness, and adorn ourselves as pure brides. I bless you to live a life that is filled with the words of life and is attached to the arms of the groom Jesus, who is life. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 26 명
  • 오늘 방문자 1,366 명
  • 어제 방문자 2,301 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,199,858 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,818 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand