EM 말씀

Ruth 2:7-13, Seek three graces to God

관리자 0 548 2023.07.10 07:20
Ruth 2:7-13, Seek three graces to God

7-13, 7. She said, ‘Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves behind the harvesters.’ She came into the field and has remained here from morning till now, except for a short rest in the shelter.”
8. So Boaz said to Ruth, “My daughter, listen to me. Don’t go and glean in another field and don’t go away from here. Stay here with the women who work for me.
9. Watch the field where the men are harvesting, and follow along after the women. I have told the men not to lay a hand on you. And whenever you are thirsty, go and get a drink from the water jars the men have filled.”
10. At this, she bowed down with her face to the ground. She asked him, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me—a foreigner?”
11. Boaz replied, “I’ve been told all about what you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband—how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before.
12. May the Lord repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.”
13. “May I continue to find favor in your eyes, my lord,” she said. “You have put me at ease by speaking kindly to your servant—though I do not have the standing of one of your servants.”

<Summary>
 We live by seeking grace every day. Ruth asks for three graces. Let us also seek three graces to God. What graces will you seek?
1. Seek the grace to be with God (7,8, 21, 23, 1:14)
 Ruth stays in Boaz's field all day gleaning. Boaz asks Ruth not to go to another field and stay here (8,21,23;1:14). ‘Stay here with them.’ “Stay close,” “be close,” “She clung to her.” We are to cling to God and stay here. Jesus is always with us. Another Counselor, the Holy Spirit, is with us who believe in Jesus. John 14:16, “And ... he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.” Heb.13:5, ..God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” If we enjoy the grace of being with God, everything will be resolved. Amen.

2. Seek grace for protection (9, 12). 
 Boaz protects Ruth. v.9, He orders the boys(harvesters) to protect Ruth and not to touch (indecent assault, sexual assault, harassment, etc.) her. Vs.15,16, Let her glean, and do not reprove or rebuke her. Let her drink freely, even precious water. Ruth came to be protected under the wings of the Lord (12, The Lord, the God of Israel, came to you to be protected under His wings). Deut.32:11, A mother eagle shelters her young under her wings. (In the Holy of Holies, God is present under the wings of seraphs. This throne of grace is the place where God meets and receives protection His people). Ruth takes Jehovah God as her refuge and lives under the wings of His grace. Let us all seek the grace of God's protection and live. Ps.121 (He neither slumbers nor sleeps; He watches over us). Num.6:24 (He keeps us). Ps.91, Those who live under the shadow of God and make it their refuge are protected. God becomes our shield and delivers us from all calamities. Those who love and know God deliver from trouble and save). ‘God, please protect us.’

3. Seek the grace of consolation (11,13). 
 In fact, Ruth is hopeless in pain and fear. But Boaz knew Ruth's good deeds (11, “I’ve been told all about what you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband—how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before). He wants to be recognized and rewarded. Ruth receives great comfort (12). Triune God, Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the God of comfort. 2 Cor.1:3-7, “3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.” Rev.7:17, For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ Acts 9:31, “Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.” The Holy Spirit touches and strengthens our personal and individual lives.

Like Ruth, we all  let us seek the grace of being with the Lord, seek the grace of protection, and seek the grace of consolation. I bless you to be a blessed saint who stays close to the Lord, receives protection, is comforted, always rejoices, has the life of Jesus every day and spreads Jesus. Amen

Comments