EM 말씀

Exodus 19:1-8, We will do everything

관리자 0 3,244 2018.01.29 10:59
Exodus 19:1-8, We will do everything

19:1-8,
1.In the third month after the Israelites left Egypt -- on the very day -- they came to the Desert of Sinai.
2.After they set out from Rephidim, they entered the Desert of Sinai, and Israel camped there in the desert in front of the mountain.
3.Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain and said, "This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel:
4.`You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.

5.Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,
6.you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites."
7.So Moses went back and summoned the elders of the people and set before them all the words the LORD had commanded him to speak.
8.The people all responded together, "We will do everything the LORD has said." So Moses brought their answer back to the LORD.

In Exodus 19-24 we see God leading us to Mount Sinai, the mountain of the Word. It is important to know what God's intentions, God's worth, standards, principles, philosophy, and spirit of God are. God calls the people of Israel and promises them a blessing as they make a covenant with them.

1) The foundation of the covenant : Grace(Chs. 1-12)
  V.4,  'I ... have brought you down to you with an eagle's wings." This is the love and training of God. God is forcibly trained through all our circumstances.

2) There is a condition in the covenant (chapters 13-24).
   verse 5, "If you listen to me and obey my covenant."
   He demands the conditions of trusting and obeying God. He promises to bless this condition.

3) Purpose, blessing (chapters 25-40).
  Verses 5b-6, "You shall be ... my special possession ... the kingdom priests, and the holy nation."

Let us see three purposes of this covenant.

1. You will become 'God's special treasure' (v. 5) It's in the Bible, Deuteronomy 26:18,  "... to make you a precious people," and to protect the treasures of the house. He loves us so much that he matures and protects us through sufferings.

Do you live by recognizing that you are a treasure protected by God?

2. You will become a kingdom of priests (v.6). The priest is the one who lives for others. The saints are those who preach Jesus to others, those who distribute blessings. 1 Peter 2: 5, "You will also be holy priests." Romans 15:16.

Are you living a blessing to others?

3. You will become a holy people (v.6). 'Holiness' is a special purpose of God, 'separated' for God and the nation.

Who are we? We are a special treasure of God, a kingdom of priests, and a holy people.

I Corinthians 10:31, 'but do whatever you do for the glory of God.'
Verse 8, the Israelites responded in unison. "We will all do as the Lord said." We all have to bless others with the self-consciousness of God's treasure, the kingdom of the priests, and the holy people. Let us be obedient to God's Word and live as a path of blessing. Amen!

Comments