EM 말씀

Colossians 3:15-17, Enjoy the Christ (Peace) 2

관리자 0 453 2023.03.13 13:03
Colosians 3:15-17, Enjoy the Christ(Peace) 2          <Scripture & Sermon Summary>
15-17,
15.Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

<Sermon Summary>
  Saints who believe in Jesus are God's chosen ones, holy ones, loved ones, and forgiven ones. The saints must unite in the bond of love that binds them together by adding love to the Lord's compassion and mercy, meekness and humility, long-suffering, mutual tolerance, and forgiveness. what a beautiful life! There are three things to the peace of enjoying Christ today. We enjoy the peace of Christ (15).
  15, Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  We are blessed people who believe in Jesus and enjoy the peace of Jesus Christ. The peace of Christ resides in the hearts of heavenly citizens who are filled with God's love. The peace of heaven that Christ gives, the true peace that comes down from heaven rules his heart (15). Hymn #412, <For away in the depths of my spirit> For away in the depths of my spirit tonight, Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm. Verse 3, I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace, Resting sweetly in Jesus' control; For I'm kept from all danger by night and by day, And His glory is flooding my soul. Peace! Peace! wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray, In fathomless billows of love. Amen. Christ is 'the Lord of peace' and where the Lord is with him there is peace.
 2 Thes.3:16, Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. Peace is not just a psychological comfort. It is peace that we can feel, experience, and realize when Christ, the ruler of the universe, is with us. Christ gave us the peace of God through the cross. Whether or not every relationship is Christ-centered is confirmed by peace in the heart. There is peace in a Christ-centered relationship. Peace takes place in three stages.

1. The saints enjoy peace with God.

By believing in Jesus, all my sins were washed away with His precious blood, and my relationship with God was restored. It became a friendly relationship. So do what pleases God. He wants to do God's will. Worship, learn the Word, and teach in the peace of God. Serving God and neighbors and fellowshipping with each other.
Jn. 14:27, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Jn. 20:21, The resurrected Jesus gave His disciples (us today) the peace of the Lord by saying “Peace be with you”. The Lord lived this life of peace, and He promised to give it to us. Therefore, Christians enjoy peace. May we enjoy the peace of Jesus who sleeps even in rough storms, the peace of Jesus who remains calm amidst suffering and pain, and the peace of the resurrected Lord.

2. The saints enjoy with himself

Phil. 4:6-7, 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Because the Lord is the Lord of my heart and life, peace rests in me. If you pray even in worry and give thanks, the peace of God will guard your heart and mind in Jesus. In fact, the beginning of all happiness is the mind. If your heart is broken, even if you have ten thousand dollars, you are anxious. However, if your heart is at peace, you will soon recover even in the midst of failure and hardship. The starting point of life is the heart (Prov. 4:23, Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it). When the heart is dark, everything is dark.
    However, the Lord does not say, 'If you pray without worrying, all problems will be solved'. “The peace of God will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus,” he promises. The work of the world is beyond the mountain and is another mountain. When one thing is solved, another comes. Therefore, the peace obtained by solving the problem is a fake peace that the world gives. It is not the peace you get when your wishes come true and the atmosphere is good in the world. Also, beware that there may be false peace in your heart. Jonah disobeyed God, but was able to sleep on the bottom of his boat even in a storm (Jonah 1:5). After that, when the problem comes, it's because it's frustrating soon. But the peace of Christ is the peace that transcends any situation or problem. How funny would it be if a man who had just survived a mortal illness blushed for $100 in money as soon as he woke up? We were called as one body for peace (15). Brothers in the church are neither comparable nor competitive. We are members of the heavenly kingdom (heavenly family) who sing praises of thanks together as we see the grace of God bestowed on each other. Is the peace of God and the peace of Jesus full in my heart? Is the peace of Jesus, my Creator, my Savior, the Lord of all, my Ruler, and my Head, coming into me and filling me up and supporting me? Gratitude naturally overflows to those who have the peace of Jesus Christ in their hearts.

3. The Saints enjoy peace with their neighbors.

Those who are at peace with God are restored to their relationship with their neighbors. If my heart is happy and I can afford it, I can accept the faults of others. ‘It could be. I understand.’ Even if someone criticizes me, I am generous. Because there is peace and joy in me, and there is excitement. Wherever you go, there are people who make peace. He only talks about the good things of others, and spares no encouragement or praise. Mt. 5:9, Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    These three peaces are interconnected. God has called us for this very peace. “Since as members of one body you were called to peace.” This is the purpose for which we have been called. He called us to become one body with the other members. It doesn't matter what our situation is. Goals must be clear. Why did God call me? Why did He love me? Why did He choose me? Why did He bless me? It is for peace, the one body of Christ, the head. The peace that God gives overflows in the church community that is tightly bound by a relationship of love. Church members who experience the peace that God gives them will give thanks to God continuously.

However, in reality, there are times when we sometimes lose peace of mind. We are often anxious, troubled, and even discouraged, but when we immediately repent of our unbelief and turn to God and ask for His grace, the peace of God rules our hearts. The heart is the temple where the Lord dwells. To manage the mind means to have Christ as the Lord of the mind and to receive His control and guidance. Let the peace of Christ rule the heart. While living a life of faith, the relationship becomes bad and the peace is broken. Then we must claim our hearts with the peace of Christ. The word 'assert' is a word that describes the role of referees in determining the outcome of an athletic game. When there is any dispute among the saints, let the peace of Christ be the judge in the arena. Because we are called as one body to peace. Amen.

Dear fellow believers, let us all believe in Jesus &enjoy the peace of Christ. May you be at peace with God, with yourself, and with your neighbors, and bless them to build the kingdom of God together as God's family. Amen.

Comments