EM 말씀

Col. 2:1-7, The finder of the hidden treasure <Scripture and Serm…

관리자 0 612 2023.01.22 12:34
Col. 2:1-7, The finder of the hidden treasure  <Scripture and Sermon summary>

1.I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.
2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.
5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
6.So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,
7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

<Sermon Summary>

1. Jesus Christ, the treasure, is hidden within us as clay jars (3, 2 Cor. 4:7-10).

If we know that we are like fragile clay jars, we will meet Jesus, the hidden treasure. Because great power resides in God, not in me (2 Cor. 4:7), we boast and worship Jesus, the treasure. But people think they are treasures and boast about them. They look foolishly at Jesus, who is the treasure, so they do not see him (1 Cor. 1:23,24). In Jesus are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge(3). Knowledge is realizing that Jesus is the truth (Jn. 14:6), and wisdom is applying that knowledge to life (1 Cor.1:30). The fullness of Deity (9), the plan of salvation for us, abundant grace, and all the secrets of the birthright are within it. Therefore, Christ alone is sufficient. I pray that we all live boldly (2 Cor. 4:8-10) as clay jars who have found this treasure.

2. Those who find the hidden treasure, Christ, get comfort in heart & unite in love(2).

Apostle Paul works hard for the Colosse and Laodicea saints who don't even know his face in prison. We also work hard for ourselves and for the souls of our neighbors to fill the sufferings of others in Christ. The pastor's only purpose is for the saints to reach the mystery of the gospel, the hidden treasure, and the abundant grace of Christ (2-3). Through Paul's dedication, they were comforted, united in love, and realized Christ (2). The zeal of our saints to realize and preach Christ is the power of the church. When we find Jesus, we believe in Him and serve Him. Christ is the way, the truth, and the life(Jn. 14:6). We are comforted through Him and live in union with each other thanks to his love. This is the love of the cross of Jesus. The cross (the two hands of Jesus) unites God and man and unites us with one another (Phil. 4:2). Let us find comfort in Jesus, the treasure, and become blessed saints united in love.

3. Those who find hidden treasure stand firm in their faith and live with gratitude (6-7)

1) He must not be deceived by plausible false teachings (4). Like Jesus, overcome with the sword of the word (Ephe. 6:17, Mt. 4:4,7,10). 2) Be together with your heart in prayer (5). 3) Stand firm in the Lord Christ (6-7). ① Act in Him. ② Take root in Him(tree). ③ Let him be built up in Him (Building) ④ Stand firm in the faith as you have been instructed(1:7). ➄ Be thankful always.

I pray that all of us will live by proclaiming Christ with faith in Jesus Christ, all the spiritual treasures hidden within us as clay jars. Amen.

Comments