EM 말씀

Dan 10:1-9, Three weeks(21 days) prayer movement (Mourn and Pray)

관리자 0 527 2022.11.28 02:10
Dan 10:1-9, Three weeks(21 days) prayer movement (Mourn and Pray)

1-9,
1.In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia, a revelation was given to Daniel (who was called Belteshazzar). Its message was true and it concerned a great war. The understanding of the message came to him in a vision.
2 At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks.
3 I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.
4 On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river, the Tigris,
5 I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist.
6 His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.
7 I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; those who were with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves.
8 So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless.
9 Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground.

In the 3rd year of King Cyrus of Persia (536 B.C.), Daniel mourns and partially fasts for three weeks (21 days) due to the revelation of the great war (tribulation) that will come upon his nation. We also have a special prayer period from 11/27-12/17 (3 weeks, 21 days) ahead of Christmas. Let's listen to God's Word today and apply it.

1. He focused on prayer (1-3).

Daniel's fasting prayer for three weeks is a time to focus on prayer while abstaining from other times. He sees the revelation of his nation's great tribulation, mourns, and concentrates on prayer. He spend three weeks of suffering while fasting and praying. It would not have been easy for an 85-year-old to pray while performing public office. However, he was sad about the disastrous future of his nation. Jeremiah, Amos, Elijah, and Apostle John also wept and prayed. Am I concentrating on prayer for myself, my family, the church, and the country with this kind of heart? Jesus is The Faithful (Rev.19:11). Shouldn't we, like Daniel, focus on prayer faithfully until the end with Jesus’ faithfulness?

2. He saw a vision alone while praying (4-7)

Meeting the holy Lord is a privilege and a grace. Jer.33:3, ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ God shows us visions when we cry out in prayer. Daniel meets the glorious Christ in a vision (5-6; See Rev.1:13-16). Daniel saw this vision alone (7), but those who were with him did not see it (Acts 9:7, The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone, Paul). Even when Jesus received God's revelation, the others around him did not realize it (John 12:28-29, 28.Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29.The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.). God's deep revelation is known only to those who receive it (Rev. 2:17,  Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it, Pergamum Church). Become a person of experience who sees the vision of the Messiah like Daniel and Paul through prayer.

3. Let's live a victorious life overcoming Satan in spiritual warfare (13-14).

13,14, 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. 14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.”    Daniel's prayer is answered and an angel goes to tell him. However, Satan blocked this for 21 days. However, with the help of the archangel Michael, he overcame Satan and went to Daniel to enlighten him. There is a secret of heaven in prayer. Prayer is the work of the spirit in which the power of God works. Why should we pray earnestly? It is because the devil disturbs us day and night (Rev.12:9-10, 9.The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10.Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.). Even Jesus was tempted by the devil after fasting and praying for 40 days. But he overcame the Satan’s three temptations with the word. Satan's temptation lies in every prayer. We can overcome the devil with more powerful prayer and with God's help. Prayer is spiritual warfare. War is fought until it is won.

Let us all think of the great war and tribulation for three weeks, and focus on earnest prayer with sorrow. I pray that you will see the vision of God, overcome Satan in spiritual warfare, and become the people of the blessed Lord who enjoy the life of Jesus, my life, and the life of my neighbor every day. Amen.

Comments