EM 말씀

Amos 7:10-17 Sound Self-esteem

관리자 0 3,142 2017.12.11 12:15
Amos 7:10-17 The Sound Self-esteem

Amos 7:10-17  A sound self-esteem 
Scripture Am. 7:10-17

10Then Amaziah the priest of Bethel sent a message to Jeroboam king of Israel: "Amos is raising a conspiracy against you in the very heart of Israel. The land cannot bear all his words. 11For this is what Amos is saying: "`Jeroboam will die by the sword, and Israel will surely go into exile, away from their native land.'" 12.Then Amaziah said to Amos, "Get out, you seer! Go back to the land of Judah. Earn your bread there and do your prophesying there. 13Don't prophesy anymore at Bethel, because this is the king's sanctuary and the temple of the kingdom." 14Amos answered Amaziah, "I was neither a prophet nor a prophet's son, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. 15But the LORD took me from tending the flock and said to me, `Go, prophesy to my people Israel.' 16Now then, hear the word of the LORD. You say, "`Do not prophesy against Israel, and stop preaching against the house of Isaac.' 17"Therefore this is what the LORD says: "`Your wife will become a prostitute in the city, and your sons and daughters will fall by the sword. Your land will be measured and divided up, and you yourself will die in a pagan country. And Israel will certainly go into exile, away from their native land.'"

* Korea's best seller, Kim Mi-kyung's <Mom's Self-Esteem>
Whole health means healthy body, spirit, and soul. John 10:10, 'the more abundant life is the whole health.' What do I need to do for a sound health / self-image?

1. I know that I am a masterpiece of God (Genesis 1:26,27; John 3:16; Ephesians 2:10; Isaiah 43:4).

Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Isaiah 43:4, "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life."
    I am the image of God / seed / DNA / Son (Sonship), the life of Jesus. We are a masterpiece of God, not a commodity. Moses, too, could not bear God when compared with Pharaoh or Aaron. Therefore, do not compare with others, let's live with self-esteem in front of God as it is.

* <Let's stand up straight>

2. Immanuel (accompanied by God) consciousness (Matthew 1:23; Isa 7:14).
  Matthew 1:23, "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" -- which means, "God is with us."
  The God who is with Him is Immanuel. David knew the secret. He had various experiences. The Lord is My Rock / Shepherd / Refuge / Fortress / Salvation / Hope (Psalms 23 and 62)
  Jesus's name is Immanuel. Jesus is the light, the living water, the life, the way, the truth, the door of the sheep, the resurrection. He enters us in the name of Jesus. When we confess Jesus is the light, Jesus enters us by the light.

3. It is a sense of thanks to God and neighbor.
* Tolstoy's fish allegory.
* Paul's confession, "I am born of God's grace" (1 Corinthians 15:10).
* Mother's free love.
* Painter Dyer's "prayer hands"

4. God's calling and mission (Amos 7:14,15,17)
  Amos was convinced of the calling and mission of God, even though he was a fugitive, a goddess, not a native, a blacksmith, a commoner.
John 15:16, "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

Saints, we are masterpieces of God. God is always with us. Thank God and neighbors. Let's hold on to God's call and mission. May the blessing of the Lord be overflowing on individuals, families and churches. Amen.

Comments