EM 말씀

James 5:7-11, Wait for Jesus' coming

관리자 0 2,832 2017.12.04 22:02
James 5:7-11, Wait for Jesus' coming

Bible. 7.Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.
8.You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.
9.Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
10.Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
11.As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

Today is the first Sunday of the Advent. Advent is a season of godly awaiting Jesus' coming. Let's work on a pious faith life for 4 weeks until Christmas. Life is waiting. When Jesus' Second Coming (8) is approaching, how will we wait for His coming?

1. Wait with hope to reward His prize (7).
   The farmer eagerly awaits the rain and receives the reward of a blessed harvest. Like the farmer, the Saints eagerly await Jesus and do his job diligently for the reward. Jesus speaks. "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done." (Revelation 22:12)

2. Wait with love of Jesus' cross (9).
   'Do not blame each other' (9) Love hot with the love of Jesus. Win your resentment, your hatred, your hostility in Jesus' love, and wait for the Lord's coming. How delighted is He when you wait for the Lord?
* The story of a Mr. Joo in Taiwan.

3. Wait with patience on His cross (7,8,10).
   Wait after the patience of the prophets (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc.) and the patience of Job.  Job 23:10. "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

President Lincoln is a man of God who has been great in prayer and waiting. These are his words.
"The way I walk is harsh and slippery. So I used to slip and fall over the street. However, I soon became energetic and said to myself: 'The road is a little slippery, but it does not clutter'.

"Whenever I failed, the devil came to me and said, 'It was finished now.' But God came to me every time and said, 'With this experience of failure, challenge the greater.' I have listened to the word of God without hearing, so I am today. "

Look only at the cross of Jesus, and look to the Lord who endured for sinners like me (Hebrews 12:2-3). "2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
Watch and pray and wait for the second coming of Jesus.

'He who endures to the end will be saved' (Matthew 24:13). It's in the Bible, Gal 6: 9, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

* Think of the waiting for the bamboo, 'mojook'. It does not shoot for 5 years after spraying seeds. After 5 years, it suddenly grows 80cm per day. The roots stretched out in the ground for five years. We have never worked for five years.

I hope you will come to Him with hope, love, and patience. Amen.

Comments