EM 말씀

Judges 15:9-20, Revelation 21:6-7, Caller’s Spring, Life-giving water …

관리자 0 1,519 2021.09.01 07:37
Judges 15:9-20, Revelation 21:6-7, Caller’s Spring, Life-giving water (En Hakkore) 

Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” This is a testament to Samson’s story. With a donkey's jawbone, Samson killed a thousand men." When Samson was very thirsty, he cried out to the LORD. Then God opened up the hollow place in Lehi, and water came out of it. When Samson drank, his strength returned and he revived at the spring called En Hakkore. Just as God used Samson in a mighty way, God uses us for His Kingdom.

1. Receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you. The Spirit of the LORD came upon Samson in power (14).
  The judges of Israel were ordinary people, but when the Spirit of the LORD came on them, they did mighty works. Samson did supernatural miracles when the Spirit of the LORD came upon Him in power. When the Philistines came toward him shouting, the ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. He grabbed a fresh jawbone of a donkey and struck down a thousand men. Break the chains of sin, bad habits, wealth, sickness, unbelief, doubt, and worldly values that bind us by the power of the Holy Spirit. Serve Jesus who gave His life for our sins, pray for His Kingdom, be His instrument for revival.

2. When we give everything, God uses even the lowly things of this world, the despised things, the things that are not valuable and He does wondrous works (15,16).
  Samson used a jawbone of a donkey. A donkey’s jawbone had no value. Yet, he used it to kill a thousand men. God used it as His instrument. Samson defeated his enemy with God’s power. Though we may be weak and we lack many things, God can use us for His high and noble purpose when He places us in His hands.

3. When Samson was very thirsty, he cried out to the LORD. God provided water. When Samson drank, his strength returned and he revived (18,19).

Samson was very thirsty that he felt like he was going to die of thirst. So he cried out to the LORD. Then God opened up the hollow place in Lehi and water came out of it. When Samson drank, his strength returned and he revived. So the spring was called En Hakkore (caller’s spring). When we are about to die of thirst and cry out to God, God answers and provides life-giving water and gives us new strength.

Let us apply this to our lives. Be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. We become exhausted and spiritually drained when we are not filled with the Spirit. How can we recover and restore our strength? Run to God for help. Cry out to Him. Confess to Him that we are tired and weary and we have no power left. Ask Him for help and new strength. God will do supernatural miracles in our lives just as He did for Samson. Just as God opened up the hollow place and water came out of it, God will open up our hearts and spring of the Spirit will come out. Our spirits will be revived and our strengths will be renewed. Just as a phone needs to be charged when it is running out of its battery, let us be filled and charged with the Spirit. Rather than giving up and sitting down when we fall, get back up and ask God to restore His power of the Spirit, His love, and confidence in Him. Be filled with His Spirit and drink His living water of our LORD. God fills the thirsty with His living water. The Book of Revelation invites those who are thirsty and promises that God will give them the water of life.

Rev. 7:16-17 say, “Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,’ nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Rev. 21:6-7 write, “He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.”

Rev. 22:1 says, “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. Rev. 22:17 write, “The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears sa, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.”

Drink from the spring of the water of life without cost. For the rest of your life, serve God and His Kingdom as His noble and faithful servants. He will say, “Well done, good and faithful servant!” Amen.

Comments