EM 말씀

Heb.11:11-12, Gn.18:9-15 The woman of faith, Sarah - from doubt to fai…

관리자 0 3,142 2017.10.18 01:05
Heb.11:11-12, Gn.18:9-15 The woman of faith, Sarah - from doubt to faith

Gn. 18:9-15
   10.Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you next year, and Sarah will have your wife." Now Sarah was listening to the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11. Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was the age of childbearing. 12.So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I have this pleasure?" 13.Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say," Will I really have a child, now that I am old? " 14.Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a last. " 15. Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, "I did not laugh." But he said, "Yes, you did laugh."

Heb. 11:11-12,
   11.By faith Abraham, even though he was in the past age - and Sarah herself was barren - was enabled to become a father because he was faithful who had made the promise.
12.And from this one man, and as good as dead, came descendants as many as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.

* Movie <Aladdin>, When the princess believes and obeys Aladdin and his words, the princess experiences a miracle. How rich we live our life and miracles depends on how much we trust God.
   What is God's message to us through Sarah's faith?

Faith is to trust the omnipotence and goodness of the living God. However, human beings are weak and often can not believe and follow Him. The same is true of the mother of faith, Sarah. God promised Abraham and Sarah a son. But they were just 90 years old and 100 years old, so they were so ridiculous that they doubted the word and just laughed.
Genesis 17:15-17 (Abraham), Genesis 18:10-15 (Sarah)

How was Sarah, who was suspicious, admired as "a woman of faith" (Hebrews 11:11)?

If we see ourselves in the environment, we can not but doubt the word of God. But if you look at God, you can be confident. Sarah initially suspected, because she saw herself and her husband's circumstances. But she could believe God's promise because she saw God Almighty.
God promised and was accomplished. He promised a miracle to Sarah and He did it. He gave them a son of wonderful miracle, and he gave them grace. They were able to laugh with deep impression at the laughter of distrust ("Isaac" means "laughter") (God of humor).

In this case Abraham and Sarah went beyond doubting to have faith. We also live in doubt. But God is faithful. It surely fulfills the promise. Look at the God and let him handle it even if the reality is difficult. How did Sarah's faith grow?

1. Faith is to reveal an upright heart, disbelief and doubt to God like Sarah.

When God first spoke, Sarah laughed suspiciously. She expressed her feelings frankly. In the end, God's compassion is inspired to fear God.

2. Faith grows when we deeply meditate on God.
  True faith is made in what God's promises are, and where He deeply meditates on whom He is. God says to Sarah, "Is there anything that the Lord can not do?" Meditate on the power of God (Hannah, 2 Samuel 2:6-7). And share the meditating God with the godly neighbors (Quiet Time sharing, Small Group sharing). Sarah would have shared meditating God with Abraham. This is the secret of spiritual growth. Let us also try to share God's Word and life with our devout neighbors.

3. Faith is to recognize and obey God's goodness and omnipotence.
   Sarah knew that God of promise was faithful and obeyed Him(v.11). She trusted God's goodness. Let us live by a steadfast faith like Daniel, Esther, and Job. Faith on God 's side, though I die, let us live by believing in God' s goodness. God is good and omnipotent. Let us live by faith that believes and obeys God.

If we have to die for this faith, we know that it is in the good will of God. Because God is good, because there is clearly the will of goodness, I am willing to walk through the gloomy valley of death today, drink the bitter cup of suffering, and welcome death. Abraham and Sarah could not bear child humanly and medicaly. But the Almighty gave them the grace to give birth to a child. It is the grace of God that we live in faith, even if we are scarce and wrong. I bless you to be honest before God, to meditate deeply on God and His power, and to be His blessed workers who obey God's goodness and omnipotence. Amen.

(Example) What is the most important change? Did not the rocks in front of us move a bit? But because of the rock, we realize that our personality has been matured and better by being prayed and trained. How thankful? It is the grace of God. Amen.

Comments