EM 말씀

Mt. 7:24-27, Build a foundation that lasts/One Month to Live 20

관리자 0 2,041 2020.08.17 13:40
Mt. 7:24-27, Build a foundation that lasts/One Month to Live 20

24-27,
 24. "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
 25. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
 26. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
 27. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

"Affliction is the megaphone of God who awakens the deaf world." says C.S. Lewis.
  There are hardships in life. The Lord triumphs in affliction (Jn. 16:33). How do you overcome hardships?

1. Place the center of life upon God, a solid foundation.

Jesus asks us to put a spiritual foundation on the rock in life (Mt. 7:24-27).
1) Jesus calls this solid center of great commandments (Love of God + Love of Neighbor) (Mt. 22:37-39). 37. Jesus replied: "`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
 38. This is the first and greatest commandment.
 39. And the second is like it: `Love your neighbor as yourself.'

2) Live in all areas of life centered on God. Prov. 3:6, “in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
  Acknowledge God.

<Question>
What is the foundation of your life now?

2. Gain the support of the community (church, friends, etc.) (1 Cor. 12). Respect and help one another, meet your needs, and love.
 Ecc. 4:9-12.
 9. Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
 10. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
 11. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
 12. Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
<Question> Who encourages and helps you?

3. Do the Lord. The shelter during the storm is God. Peace in crisis (Phil. 4:7).
 Phil. 4:7, And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 Ps. 50:15. and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
 "First, run to the Lord. Pray!“ Jesus is with us when we encounter problems.

Ps. 94:17-19,
  17. Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
 18. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.
 19. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
  "The Lord assists us and holds us."

Is. 41:10, ... I hold you (I will be with you, I am your God, I will strengthen you,    I will help you) 43:2 (Daniel and his three friends).

*What surprise gift did singer Billy Joel give her on his daughter's birthday?

God's best gift to us? Jesus Christ!

[Decision making] 

1) Share examples of how you have overcome trials.
2) What communities help or encourage you during trials?
3) What is God’s best gift to us?      Jesus Christ!   
 Isaiah 41:10, 43:1, 5, solid foundation, God (Jesus) is with us. Only Jesus!

Comments