EM 말씀

John 19:28-37, Finishing in His thirst

관리자 0 2,380 2020.03.16 10:42
John 19:28-37, Finishing in His thirst

28-37
28. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."
29. A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips.
30. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
31. Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down.
32. The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other.
33. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.
34. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water.
35. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe.
36. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"
37.and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

* Emotion, tears and gratitude when you are baptized for the first time and participate in the sacrament worship!
  Hymn Chapter 305, Amazing Grace!

*A prayer by Pastor Spurgeon. “If you don't want to bleed for the Lord, let you bleed.”

God invites thirsty life. Isaiah 55:1, 'The thirsty! Come to the water.'

Jesus Himself experienced thirst. "I am thirsty." (28)
Why was Jesus thirsty?  The whipping of the blood shedding, the crucifixion, the flow of blood continued, the Bible says.

Psalm 69:21, to solve our thirst! 12:2, 'Fix your eyes on Jesus.'

*John 4, Jesus who solved the thirst of a woman of the Sychar town.
    Rev. 7:16:17, 22:17

*Mother Teresa's Thirst, "I thirst" (House of Mercy, Picture)

Jesus accomplished everything (and was done).

Verse 30, "We paid everything" (the price of our sins, the ransom of the slaves) we were sinners and slaves!

After receiving the sour wine, he died because he had "done it all."

He lived with a purpose. His salvation for all human! What purpose will you live for the rest of your life?
Let us show off God like Jesus and live with Jesus.

After Jesus' death, a soldier stabbed Him by the spear. Blood and water poured out. Blood means life (Lev. 17:11), blood shedding for forgiveness of sin (Heb. 9:22). The Bible is the book of blood. the Blood of the Lord saved us from sin and death. He spilled the last blood on the cross, a drop of water. Thank you for this grace and draw closer to the cross day by day.

Prayer/
  Jesus, thank you for experiencing the thirst on the cross personally to relieve my thirst. Thank you for fulfilling Your mission to save me until the last minute. Thank you for forgiving all our sins by Your blood and being a child of God. Let us not live with thirst in the world, but with thirst for You. May we hold on to the Lord and the Word for the rest of our lives so that we can confidently confess that we have "done it" at the end of our lives. Amen.

Comments