EM 말씀

Exodus 14:5-14 What do you see?

관리자 0 3,253 2017.09.10 09:17
Exodus14:5-14, 무엇을 보느냐 What do you see?

Exodus 14:5-14, 5When the king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, Pharaoh and his officials changed their minds about them and said, "What have we done? We have let the Israelites go and have lost their services!"
6So he had his chariot made ready and took his army with him.
7He took six hundred of the best chariots, along with all the other chariots of Egypt, with officers over all of them.
8The LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly.
9The Egyptians -- all Pharaoh's horses and chariots, horsemen and troops -- pursued the Israelites and overtook them as they camped by the sea near Pi Hahiroth, opposite Baal Zephon.  10As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD.  11They said to Moses, "Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12Didn't we say to you in Egypt, `Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians'? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!"  13Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

* A grandmother was lost her grandson by the waves on the beach. After a while he came back by them. She said, "Thank you, God!" "But his hat was lost!" A person grants thanks and complains.

The Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt. How grateful it is! Soon after, they complained and grumbled when the Egyptian army chased after them by the Red Sea. There are three kinds of people in the text. What kind of person am I? What should we see?

1. Pharaoh and the Egyptian army (3).
   They saw the environment and appearances. 'We have a strong army.' They saw their army and power(6, 9). They saw that the Israelites who had escaped were trapped in the wilderness. So they pursued the people of Israel and reached the Red Sea. They thought that they would soon catch all of Israel.

2. The people of Israel (10-12).
   What did the people see? They saw the Red sea billowing to cross. There is no boat, no bridge. There is no way to cross. And they saw a heavily armed Egyptian army (10). They saw a steep beach. They saw their slavary in Egypt(past). They saw a deserted wilderness(reality). They saw themseves weak as not being able to do anything. After all, they poured out grudges and complaints. They were those who had just experienced God's wonderful miracles and salvation and were grateful. They were frustrated and disappointed before the test. They grumbled and complained. Is not it ours? The results of grumbling are 1) loss of vision, 2) Satan is defeated. 3)It hurts the heart of the Lord. But if you pray and wait for God's providence (Romans 8:28), a bright morning comes after a dark night. 

3. Leader Moses (13,14).
   Moses and the people see the same realities of crisis. But he saw God. They expected God's salvation. There are mirror prayer and window prayer. The former is a prayer to see reality, and the latter is a prayer to see the outside world. We will see the providence of God through window prayer, and let us go to the Lord's patience without disappointment and giving up (Gal. 6: 9). After all, we can say 'God did it'. Let us also try this testimony.

* Jung Kyung-joo, pastor's wife, <God did it>. God choseme, saved me, let me marry, guided, and blessed me.
The book of testimony of Jung Kyung-joo's, <I can win>
   The people who move the world are not the ones who rushed to the highway without any adversity.
It is the people who have the power to find the meaning of life in adversity and to stand up to the difficulties.
When dreams and hopes are lost / When anxiety about the future is scared / When the fear of enemy attacks / When you feel the limit of your ability / When you want to give up everything / When you lose a loved one /
When I groan alone in the bedside / When I am distressed by the problem of children / When I am hurt by human relations /
When I am lonely and depressed / The truth that has been a great force in my life,  God gives strength to those who trust in Him / to overcome any adversity. / God gives strength to those who trust in Him / to overcome any adversity. Amen ♡

* When the five Ecuadorian missionaries, including Jim Eliot, which was a true story, were murdered by the Aboriginal people, five of their wives went there and took their lives and missions. Eventually, many people came to believe in Jesus, and four pastors also were came forward.

Let us look at the providence of God beyond the window in the crisis of life, suffering and wounds, problems and conflicts, loss and discouragement. Let's look at God's salvation. Let us live as a people of God who will triumph by faith and bear fruit of evangelism. Amen.

Comments