EM 말씀

John 14:25-31 Multivitamin, Jesus’ Peace (The Greatest Gift)

관리자 0 2,307 2020.03.02 09:20
John 14:25-31 Multivitamin, Jesus’ Peace (The Greatest Gift)

25-31
25.  "All this I have spoken while still with you.
26.  But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
27.  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
28.  "You heard me say, `I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.  29.  I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe.  30.  I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,  31.  but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me. "Come now; let us leave.

* The story of John Wesley, Hymn #388, 'When the rain blows, Jesus lover of my soul'. Captain’s Question : “Now he is about to die, pray. Your God is not?”
  John’s answer : "Captain! Do not worry. It's going to go well. We'll go to The Heavenly Garden, The American Garden, one of the two."
* The final scene of the movie Titanic! Violinist’s playing, #338, 1) Near-er, my God, to Thee, Near-er to Thee! E'en though it be a cross That rais-eth me; Still all my song shall be, Near-er, my God, to Thee, Near-er, my God, to Thee, Near-er to Thee. 4) There let the way ap-pear Steps un-to heaven; All that Thou send-est me
  In mer-cy given; An-gels to beck-on me. Near-er, my God, to Thee, Near-er, my God, to Thee, Near-er to Thee.

Verse 27, "I give you my peace,"
 Shalom(peace) is like multivitamin. Spiritual, mental, physical, personal, domestic, social, and worldly peace. This is different from the temporary and restrictive things the world gives.
Question: How is the peace of the world different from Jesus'?

How to enjoy the Lord's peace, multivitamin?

1. Do not worry about anything.
  Matthew 6:25-27, 31. 25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 31 So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?'
  Phil. 4:6-7. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2. Don't be afraid.
  2 Tim. 1:7, For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
  Isaiah 41:10, So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

3. Be full of the Holy Spirit and believe in God (Jesus).
 * Querencia(Refuge, Ps. 46:1-3) of the Saints, Jesus Christ
 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
 Vs. 25-26, The Holy Spirit teaches and reminds you of Jesus’ Word.
 14:1, Believe in God and Jesus.
 Isaiah 26:2-4. 2 Open the gates that the righteous nation may enter, the nation that keeps faith. 3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. 4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.

*Amazing Appearance of Peace - Peter in Prison (Acts 12), Paul and Silas in Prison (Acts 16)
Question : What is the way to share with your neighbor while enjoying the Lord's peace?

Conclusion : Don't worry about anything. Don't be afraid of anything other than God. Trust only in the Lord. I bless you to receive and enjoy the perfect peace of Jesus' multivitamin. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 95 명
  • 오늘 방문자 381 명
  • 어제 방문자 1,180 명
  • 최대 방문자 4,790 명
  • 전체 방문자 1,192,027 명
  • 전체 게시물 2,817 개
  • 전체 회원수 9 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand