EM 말씀

Jn. 9:1-12 Go and wash in the pool of Siloam, Sunday Sermon

관리자 0 2,488 2020.02.10 12:38
Jn. 9:1-12 Go and wash in the pool of Siloam, Sunday Sermon 

1-12
1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.
2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.
4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
6 Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes.
7 "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
8 His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, "Isn't this the same man who used to sit and beg?"
9 Some claimed that he was. Others said, "No, he only looks like him." But he himself insisted, "I am the man."
10 "How then were your eyes opened?" they demanded.
11 He replied, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see."
12 "Where is this man?" they asked him. "I don't know," he said.

*Movie "Church Brother" Story
Jesus healed the blind from birth. What are the lessons learned from this miraculous sign? 

1) Who sinned that caused him to be born blind?

In verse 2, "His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" But, Jesus answered, "It was not any sin of this man or his parents that caused him to be blind."
  Don’t we think the same way as the disciples did? We, Christians judge other Christians for not keeping certain codes of conduct that he thinks need to be observed. That’s the definition of being legalistic. Rom. God says that we are not to judge our brothers on debatable issues. Every incident happens with God’s purpose. Everything we have is God’s grace.

2) To display the power of God

In verse 3, Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
Our current pains are not always direct consequences of our wrongdoings. Our pains are for God to show His power and faithfulness in the future. Pains sharpen and refine our faith and walk with God. God uses our pains to grow us to be right kind of people in the future.
  Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jn. 16:21, The pain of childbirth is for the birth of life. Therefore, it is only the grace of God who lives as me today. Take the temptation to the trial, the trial to the blessing, the blessing to the mission.

3) Let God take care of your pain, and experience healing!

In verse 7, Jesus told him, "Go and wash in Siloam pool." (Siloam means "the Sent", Jesus Christ. In other words, Jesus Christ healed him!) So the man went to the pool, washed and came back. He was now able to see.
 * Kihon Spring, King Hezekiah’s Tunnel and Siloam Pool!
  The blind man simply came to Jesus and let Him take care of his suffering. Pain can be only completely overcome by the power of Jesus Christ.

Paul testifies in Philippians 1:12, "Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me (imprisonment) has really served to advance the gospel." Come to Jesus and offer your broken hearts. He will redeem your pain and use it to bless other people.
1.1.1. *Toscanini became a famous conductor because his eyes were so bad that he memorized all the sheet music.  The saints! Is there pain? God has to do it. Use it as an opportunity for soul salvation and faith maturity. Just obey. I bless all the blessed Saints who testify of the Lord as miraculous protagonists and glorify God.

1. Who is guilty of his blindness? (2) 
"Self-sin? Parents' sins?" Jesus replies. Verse 3, "Not because of anyone's sin, but because of god's work from Him," the reason he was afflicted is to represent what God is doing. 29:11, "My thoughts toward you are peace, not disaster, and giving you the future and hope." Jn. 16:21, the pain of dissolution is for the birth of life. Therefore, it is only the grace of God who lives with me today. Take the trial as a trial, to the blessings, to the blessings, to be blessed.

2. Go to Siloam and wash (6,7). Jesus spit and overcame the mud and applied it to the blind eye (potters bowl with mud). He went to the unseen eye (1.2 miles away) and washed his eyes in the water of Siloam (the sent, Jesus Christ). In other words, Jesus Christ healed him!
* Married fountains, hezekiah Tunnel and Siloam Pond!

3. Do miracles in obedience (7) Miracles occurred when obedience. He was clean and returned home. Opportunities are important. Suffering is truth, love, preaching the gospel, and the opportunity to receive the gospel, Bill 1:12, Paul's testimony. "My imprisonment has become the progress of the gospel."
*My pain, failure, and poverty are signs of relying more on God and preaching the gospel.
*Toscanini became a famous conductor because his eyes were so bad that he memorized all the sheet music. 
  All the saints! Is there pain? God has to do it. Use it as an opportunity for soul salvation and faith maturity. Just obey. I bless all the blessed Saints who testify of the Lord as miraculous protagonists and glorify God.

Comments