EM 말씀

Hebrews 11:5-6, Genesis 5:22-24 A person of faith, Enoch

관리자 0 2,875 2017.09.04 01:19
Hebrews 11:5-6, Genesis 5:22-24 A person of faith, Enoch

Hebrews 11:5-6
  5.By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6.And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
 Genesis 5:22-24
 22.And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23.Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years
 24.Enoch walked with God;then he was no more, because God took him away.

I attended elementary and junior high school for 9 years in the countryside of South Korea, When I was a child. The schools were about two miles from my home. I thought it would be nice if a sturdy adult accompanied by me in dark and scared night. After I believed in Jesus, I was not afraid to walk alone. It is because I felt that the Lord was with me. Hymn #430 is a gracious blessing song that confesses that the Lord is with us. Our life is so happy because God who loves us accompanies us.

Enoch is a man of blessed faith who accompanies the Lord every day for three hundred years.(Genesis 5:22). He has walked with God, did not see death, and was the joy of God.
  What is the faith that pleases God? Verse 6 says, "Without faith, I can not please God. He who comes to God must believe that he is, and that he rewards those who seek him." Amen. 1) It is a faith that believes that God exists. 2) It is a belief that God gives rewards to those who seek Him. Enoch was a man of faith who lived with God. Let us all walk with God like Enoch.
  Then, what is the life that accompanies God?

1. To live according to the will of God.

To travel with a friend must agree to do so(Amos 3:3). We must meet God's will. In Gethsemane, Jesus says, ""My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."(Matthew 26:39).

2. To walk with God is to be conformed to the likeness of God.
   Enoch had resembled God's holiness for 300 years. The theme of Leviticus is holiness. He lived a holy life in his daily work. 'Be holy because I am holy '. In the evil world he have learned the holiness of God (Jude 1:15). We also want to walk with the Holy God and be sanctified.

3. To walk with God is to always live with God.
  Enoch always lived in deep fellowship with God for 300 years. The way we always walk with God is meditating on the Lord and praying to Him(Genesis 5:24).  We, like Enoch, will always have fellowship with the Lord in Word and prayer, and will hear the Lord's final voice. "My beloved child! How good have you been? I was really glad because of you. You walked with me, always be with me, and with my will! I'm very happy! Now let's go to heaven." I hope that all of us can hear this voice of the Lord and go to heaven. Those who walk with God are greatly rewarded. God always leads us. I am comforted by God. I receive God's guide. I know God more deeply. I take after God. Children also walk with God. It is a family of blessed faith. There is Noah, a descendant of Enoch. Gen. 6:9, "Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God." Because Enoch walked with God, Noah, his descendant, walked with God in an evil world. 

The life of faith is a life that accompanies God for life. It is the marriage that leads to a promise that a man and a woman meet together for a lifetime. These two factors of meeting and accompanying combine to form a marriage. It is often the case that the promise of a lifetime is not followed today. This is similar to the nature of faith life. What is the life of faith? We will follow Jesus personally for the rest of his life. Jesus is the one who saves us, the master who will rule all my life. Just as marriage is required to accompany all of life, it is required to accompany spiritual life forever. Our first encounter with the Lord is only the beginning of our eternal companionship, and we must follow Christ as our master and husband.

This is a way we can never stop. It is  God's wonderful salvation planned for us.

Holy saints, now let's us live with God daily. Thus, as in verse 6, you can hear the praise that pleases God. "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Please believe in Him. I pray that you will seek God's will, resemble Him, live with Him, and go straight to Heaven when He calls you. Amen!

Comments